The requirement to apply for the Golden Visa is to fall under at least one of
the following cases in the national territory:
• Transfer of funds of an amount equal to or greater than 1 million euros;
• Creation of at least 10 jobs;
• Acquisition of real estate property in the amount of 500 thousand euros or more;
• Acquisition of real estate property built at least 30 years ago, or located in urban renovation areas, for the minimum amount of 350 thousand euros and provided that renovation works are executed at the property. The value of this investment can be reduced by 20% (280 thousand euros) when it is made in low density territory (e.g. Alentejo)
• Transfer of funds to an amount equal to or greater than 350 thousand euros, which is applied in research activities performed by public or private scientific research institutions of the Portuguese scientific and technological system;
• Transfer of funds to an amount equal to or greater than 250 thousand euros, which is applied in investment in or aid to artistic production, the renovation or maintenance of Portuguese cultural heritage, under the terms of the law;
• Transfer of funds to an amount equal to or greater than 350 thousand euros intended to acquire units in investment or venture capital funds to capitalize companies with, at least, five years of maturity at the time of the investment and, at least, 60% of the value of the investments be carried out in commercial companies based in the national territory
• Transfer of funds to an amount equal to or greater than 350 thousand euros intended to establish a company in Portugal with the creation of five permanent jobs, or to increase the share capital of a existing commercial company in the national territory, with the creation or maintenance of jobs, with a minimum of five permanent employees, and for a minimum period of three years.
The minimum time requirement to maintain the investment is five (5) years, from the date of grant of the residence permit. Once this period expires, it is no longer necessary to maintain the investment.